Multiple passwords on one site

Options

Hi,

I am really enjoying when 1Password is able to fill my username and password just by using the shortcut and not selecting anything from pop-up window. Unfortunately there's a problem on some sites. For example I have three different logins on aaa.domain.com, bbb.domain.com and bbb.domain.com/something. I solved this issue by manually editing Saved Form Details (I used the HTML input ID or something as a name for label). However, this solution only works on my Mac, not on my iPhone. It seems like my iPhone is ignoring the manually edited Saved Form Details. Therefore, I had to came back to solution when I am having 3 different entries in my 1Password and every time I am logging to the sites I have to manually select which one I want to fill – which is ok, it's still works fine, but I would be glad if I was able to make this automatic.

So my question is, if you can solve this? Manual edit of Saved Form Details doesn't work on iPhone. I thought about hiding some logins at specific URLs, but I have no idea if there's such an option in 1Password. Or can I make the Saved Form Details to work on iPhone?

I am using Safari on both my Mac and iPhone BTW.

Best regards,
Ondra

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Varec
    If you have more than one login for a specific domain, 1Password will show them all as options for autofilling, even if the sub-domain is different.
    When you try to autofill, 1Password on your Mac should show them all in that order:
    1. Favorites.
    2. Exact matches of the URL.
    3. Similar matches of the URL (different subdomain or prefix/suffix).

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but it sounds like you say that you were able to make 1Password autofill the correct login automatically even though there are multiple logins for that domain, by editing the saved form details? If so, can you please explain how? Because that doesn't quite add up for me :)

1Password for iPhone will work pretty much the same - it will offer all logins for that domain in a particular order and you will have to select the correct one.

• Varec
    Varec
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    it's shown in the attached image. I realize that this is probably not the way how you designed the usage of Saved Form Details, anyway when I had it saved like this, it autofills the username and password on both sites aaa.xxx.com and aaa.xxx.com/something and I did't have to click on anything. Anyway this worked only on my Mac, not on my iPhone (there's no mobile version of the site so the HTML should be same in both iOS and MacOS Safari).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the clarification and screenshot, @Varec .
    So instead of saving multiple logins with different credentials, you just have one login that contains multiple credentials. I guess that's one way to go about it :)

I can see why it won't work on the mobile apps though. If the first "log" and "pwd" fields are defined as the main username/password of that login item, then that is what the mobile apps will try to use. Having multiple logins is the correct way to work here. The fact that you are using this little tweak on your Mac is nice, but it was never meant to work that way. :)

• Varec
    Varec
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah I though so :)

Anyway are you planning to add option like this? Either enable option to suggest password only at the exact same URL, or disable the password at the exact URL, or something that would make possible to autofill passwords on different subdomains?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not that I know of, no.
    1Password currently behaves as we intend it to - if you have multiple logins for multiple subdomains, they will all be suggested in a particular order and you will have to select the one you need.

Having the option to disable specific logins in specific URLs is an opening for troubles with users who are not as tech savvy as you :)

This discussion has been closed.