Sign in, browser not supported

rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

Each time I try to sign into 1password.com I get the following error:

This browser is not supported
1Password uses new web technologies to encrypt your data in your browser before it’s sent to our server.

Update your browser, or use one of these:

Brave
Chrome
Firefox
Then copy and paste this link into it:

https://start.1password.com/signin?l=en

I am using the latest version of Chrome as of this post and have disabled all ad blockers / similar extensions.

Any thoughts?

Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rctneil

Do you have any extensions besides 1Password enabled? If so, to troubleshoot, could you please try disabling them all? If you are then able to sign in try re-enabling them one at a time until it stops working again. Then you'll know the last one you enabled is the culprit.

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Not sure what extension caused the issue but i diabled them all and now it's fine. I just enabled the ones I actually need. It was good to have a tidy up.

• Glad to hear that sorted it. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• kplitni
    kplitni
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am facing the exact same problem. I am running the latest version of Chrome and am seeing the same page as the person above. We shut down every extension, and restarted Chrome, but are still unable to get past the error page.
    Please advise, as I just signed up and this is extremely discouraging for a first impression.

• kplitni
    kplitni
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Note, this is when I try to use the 1 Password X extension and try to sign in.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kplitni:

What is the exact version of Chrome that you are running, and on what operating system?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kplitni:

I have just noticed that you have also sent us an email about the same issue. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FJH-24983-331

• kplitni
    kplitni
    Community Member

That's fine, if you could please rely to my email then. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kplitni:

Will do, someone will get back to you there as soon as possible. It is a holiday today in Canada so replies might be delayed a little bit. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.