Unable to log in at bmo.com

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can’t log in to BMO through 1password iOS.

Comments

• mic911
    mic911
    Community Member

I am not able to login to bmo.com using 1Password X for Firefox. I am using v. 1.17.0. The BMO site says "something went wrong" or something similar to that. I am able to Copy and paste the username and password into bmo.com and that works fine. The OS is Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mic911! Thanks for getting this on our radar. When you fill with 1Password X on bmo.com, are you filling from the password field or the card number field?

Just in case, I'd like to have you recreate your item just to see if you have any better luck. Please take the following steps:

1. Copy and paste your card number and password from 1Password X into the sign in form on bmo.com.
    2. Click on the 1Password X icon in the password field to invoke the inline menu.
    3. Click Save in 1Password underneath the password field.
    4. A dialog will appear. Make sure "Save New Login" is selected. I'd also add the word "new" to the title (or anything to distinguish the new item from your existing item)
    5. Select the correct vault and click Save.

Go ahead and refresh the page, then try filling the new item you just created from the inline menu underneath the password field.

• mic911
    mic911
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn, thanks for the prompt reply.

I login to BMO using the card number as the username. The username and password fields on the BMO site appear to be populated normally by 1Password, before the error occurs.

I will try re-creating the item in 1Password as you suggest, and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @mic911. Let me know how it goes!

• mic911
    mic911
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn, re-creating the item as a new item as you described did the trick!

Thanks for your help!
    Paul

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.