Mac/ iOS WLAN sync issue. Please help

Options
rokithadmr
rokithadmr
Community Member

I had some new logins on my primary vault on my Mac and today I wanted to sync it with my iPhone and it won't sync like it used simple and easy, I tried few things and googled too, and as one of the 1Password forum suggested to reinstall the app and I did, now I’ve lost everything from my iPhone and can’t sync my main vault too. when I go to the WLAN server screen it's black and nothing shows up. What do I do? How do I fix this. I’ve using sync for really long time and this is just really bad.
MAC 1Password Version 7.4.1

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rokithadmr

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

when I go to the WLAN server screen it's black and nothing shows up

Would you be able to post a screenshot of this please, barring any sensitive information on the screen? The WLAN Server is the most complex and least reliable sync option that we still offer. The extent of our ability to troubleshoot issues with it is contained in this guide:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

As is mentioned in the guide:

The WLAN server in 1Password is complex and depends on many factors, including your network environment and software configuration. This article is a collection of all known solutions for connection problems.

We’re unable to troubleshoot issues with the WLAN server beyond the scope of this article. If you’ve tried everything in the article and are still unable to connect, switch to a more reliable sync method.

That said, I'd still be interested in seeing a screenshot of the issue you're describing. I can't say I've heard any reports similar to that, and pictures can sometimes speak a thousand words.

Ben

• rokithadmr
    rokithadmr
    Community Member
    Options

hey @ben thank for replaying,
    Here what I have tried and got somewhat working, I created a new network on my Mac and joined it on my iPhone, this time my iPhone could see the vault and after entering the secure code nothing happens, like the next button is broken or something.

• Ben
    Options

Based on that it sounds like the two devices are unable to communicate over the network, perhaps because of firewall, VPN, or proxy software running on the Mac? Have you made any changes to any software on the Mac that might affect your network connectivity?

Ben

• rokithadmr
    rokithadmr
    Community Member
    Options

no I have not, since last sync I have not done anything other then updating apps if anything.

here are both screens

• rokithadmr
    rokithadmr
    Community Member
    Options

on top of that my ability to create a standalone vault is gone from my iPhone which I remember was there last time I installed 1password. which was roughly when iOS 13 came out.

• Ben
    Options

other then updating apps if anything.

It may very well be that an update to some 3rd party app is the source of the difficulty. The above screens would indicate to me that the WLAN Server on your computer and the WLAN client on your iPhone are unable to talk to each other.

Ben

• rokithadmr
    rokithadmr
    Community Member
    Options

so how do I check or make it to work?

• rokithadmr
    rokithadmr
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

firewall is off, VPN (never used) or install an app for that, or proxy software (same never got into these ever) I did change my dns which I reverted back. before posting here.

• Ben
    Options

so how do I check or make it to work?

The only troubleshooting advice I have to offer is the guide that I linked above: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/
    If the steps in that guide do not resolve the issue then the best I could suggest would be to try a different sync option.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.