1Password mini for Windows is affected by "never display in browser"

CoreyCorey
CoreyCorey
Community Member
edited January 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The option "never display in browser" should say "never display in browser or mini" because it also does not show in 1Password mini when enabled.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• CoreyCorey
    CoreyCorey
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Or, show the login in 1Password mini when that option is enabled on the login. :)

• Thanks for the feedback, @CoreyCorey. I can definitely pass along a wording change request, but this is technically working as intended at the moment. Mini is your browser and mini from the notification area are exactly the same thing under the hood so any setting that impacts one will impact the other too and I'm not sure that we're even able to have 1Password differentiate between the two. All the same, I'll let our development team know you'd like that option and we'll see what can be done. :chuffed:

• CoreyCorey
    CoreyCorey
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Thank you for explaining how it works.

In that case, it sounds like a word change/clarification would make the most sense:

• "never display in browser or mini"
    • "never display in the browser (aka mini)"
    • "never display in the browser (includes mini)"
    • "never display in 1Password mini (includes the browser)"

Given its current phrasing, it's understandable if someone assumes that behavior is only applied when mini is being used within the browser. I was not using mini in the browser.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CoreyCorey,

Thank you for your detailed and extensive feedback! We are always looking at ways to make 1Password experience better, so it is really appreciated. :chuffed:

If you have other questions or suggestions, we are always here for you. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.