Sync failure between Mac OS and iOS with 1Password 7

Options
nandkv
nandkv
Community Member

Hi,

I am using 1Password 6 and I tried to sync to my phone and I am not seeing any additional vaults other than Primary to sync.

Please review and let me know.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:Sync failure between Mac OS and iOS with 1Password 6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nandkv!

You can select multiple vaults to sync via WLAN in 1Password for Mac. Once you have selected the additional vaults, 1Password for iOS will sync them too. Your Primary vault is always included.

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry the only option I see is primary and there are no options to select additional vaults as mentioned above.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nandkv:

If it doesn't include any personal information, can you please post a screenshot of what you see under 1Password for Mac's Preferences > WLAN Server tab?

For example, this is what I see there:

As you can see from the screenshot, if you have multiple vaults in 1Password for Mac, you should see all of them in the Preferences.

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hi,

Here is what I have tried.

Exported all the vaults to 1PIF format, reset and deleted the app from my Mac.
    Re-downloaded the app and imported all the vaults.
    Deleted the 1password from my iOS device and deleted the app.
    Re-downloaded the app and tried to sync and it would sync a couple of vaults but then displays the timeout.

Attached are the screenshots.

Please note that this has happened in the past and the same procedure above fixed the issue but this is no longer the case and at this point it is a huge inconvenience to me since I have only two vaults synced of the five and I need to have the others synced or move to other options soon.

Please assist with priority

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nandkv

I'm sorry for the trouble. The best I can offer here is our WLAN Server troubleshooting guide. It contains all of the troubleshooting tips we've amassed over the years. I would recommend going through it thoroughly:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

As is mentioned in that guide:

The WLAN server in 1Password is complex and depends on many factors, including your network environment and software configuration. This article is a collection of all known solutions for connection problems.

We’re unable to troubleshoot issues with the WLAN server beyond the scope of this article. If you’ve tried everything in the article and are still unable to connect, switch to a more reliable sync method.

I hope that helps.

Ben

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    Options

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    Options

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    Options

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the screenshot @nandkv. How did you make out with the troubleshooting guide?

Ben

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately no....looking at alternate options to migrate from 1password since I am on 1password6 and obviously out of support...seems like there is an underlying issue with WLAN sync that shows up occasionally.

• Ben
    Options

I'd recommend considering 1Password 7, which would be included with 1Password membership. Either way, I hope you're able to find a solution that you're comfortable with and confident in.

Ben

• nandkv
    nandkv
    Community Member
    Options

I would not like to store my data in the cloud and I loose the flexibility of using my current license that I already paid for that I use on multiple devices and migrating to 1Password7 is not cheap as well when looking across multiple devices. It has been a good relationship but seems like it is no more with the limited options in terms of functionality and cost that I had originally signed up for.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nandkv:

You could also purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 if you prefer, like you did with version 6. I hope you got good value out of your previous license purchase, that it will make the upgrade to version 7 worth it.

This discussion has been closed.