iPad fingerprint recognition.

Options
markxt
markxt
Community Member

Apologies for a possible repeat of an issue ( which may not be an issue.)
I have recently had to touch a fingerprint icon on my iPad before using fingerprint recognition - thus partly defeating the point of fingerprint recognition. This is not the case on my iPhone. Is this normal?
Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Fingerprint iPad

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markxt! Welcome to the forum!

have recently had to touch a fingerprint icon on my iPad before using fingerprint recognition - thus partly defeating the point of fingerprint recognition

Can you please elaborate on this a little bit? Specifically, I am not sure I understand what you mean by "fingerprint icon", and how touching it would defeat the point of fingerprint recognition.

• markxt
    markxt
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies for the delay. This shows the fingerprint icon I have to touch before allowing fingerprint recognition to work. Not too important, but having 2 actions rather than just a touch is irritating and unnecessary (?)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markxt:

Thank you for the screenshot. 1Password should automatically ask you for Touch ID if you have it enabled, without having to tap on the fingerprint icon. But if you previously refused Touch ID authentication, and entered the Master Password once, I think this can happen.

Does this happen consistently, every time you open the 1Password app, even if you select Touch ID every time?

• markxt
    markxt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have always had touch ID on and it's fine for PayPal etc. HOWEVER... Since sending the screenshot I've turned it off and on a few times, restarted etc... and the problem seems to have gone, so hopefully it was a temporary glitch (maybe resolved after OS/ 1Password update?) I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Thanks for your help.
    Mark

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! Perhaps the updates helped with this indeed. I am glad to hear that this is behaving as expected once again.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.