Sync between Mac and iOS is not consistent or predictable (using 1Password paid subscription)

snsokstan
snsokstan
Community Member

When I set up the account on my iPhone, it did an initial sync with iPassword on my Mac. Now it is not syncing either way from either device.

My account is active as I am getting billed each month. My understanding is that with a paid account, syncing happens in the background. That doesn't seem to be happening.

I don't see any way to manual force syncing so I am stuck.

1Password 7
Version 7.4.1 (70401001)
Mac App Store

1Password 7.4.4 on iPhone X

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1Password paid subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @snsokstan!

Have you already logged in to your 1Password account on all your devices, by adding your account to the 1Password apps? Only if all of the apps are using the same 1Password account can sync work automatically in the background.

• snsokstan
    snsokstan
    Community Member

All three of my devices are using the same account. I tried to create a new account on my iPhone using the QR code from my Mac App and it told me the account already existed. Same secret key, same email user name. Both say "subscribed."

Looks like my iPad is syncing but not my iPhone. I thought about deleting the account from my iPhone and adding the account back from the QR code on my Mac app. However, I've entered a bunch of new data in the iPhone app that I don't want to lose.

What next?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@snsokstan:

Do you perhaps have multiple vault in your 1Password for iOS app on your iPhone? If you have an older Primary vault, for example, I wonder if you are actually saving data in this old vault, and that is why your iPad is not seeing these changes.

• snsokstan
    snsokstan
    Community Member

Hmmm. Here’s what is on my iPhone:

Under my name on the Vaults page, it says “personal”.

Under “on my phone”, it says “primary “.

So that must be the problem. Is there a good way to merge the two so I don’t lose anything fro either one?

• snsokstan
    snsokstan
    Community Member

Now that all three devices are set to the "personal" vault, syncing is working and is almost instantaneous.

So my last question is, how can I merge the content of the two vaults so I don't lose what's unique in each one, and hopefully not create a bunch of duplicates.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@snsokstan Unfortunately, there isn't a "merge" function of any sort for this kind of situation due to how differently data within standalone and membership vaults are stored. You will have to compare the vaults manually and move things over to the Personal vault if you find anything that is not in there. https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/move-or-copy-items-in-the-apps

This discussion has been closed.