Sync when using membership issue

I'm a long time user who converted from a Dropbox sync, where changes between browser edits and the desktop app were nearly instant.
Now we've got a family membership. When I make a change using the browser app in Firefox, Safari, or Chrome, and then go to my desktop app the changes are not reflected for 30 minutes to an hour. Is this normal?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: membership

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thecornerweb!

No, this is not normal, sync should happen almost immediately. What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using in your browsers?

• thecornerweb
    thecornerweb
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, on Firefox it's 1.17.0

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@thecornerweb – Thanks for the additional info. Do you notice the same thing the other way around? i.e. when you create an item in the 1Password desktop app, do you not see it reflected in 1Password X (the browser extension you're using) right away?

That definitely shouldn't be happening when you make changes to an item in Safari, since the Safari App Extension is simply an extension of the 1Password for Mac app. Really, changes in Safari happen in the 1Password for Mac app itself, so those changes should show up immediately no matter what. Can you try editing an item in Safari and checking the 1Password for Mac app, then editing an item in 1Password for Mac and checking in Safari if the update shows? Let me know what you learn from that test!

• thecornerweb
    thecornerweb
    Community Member

I think you''ve put your finger on it. It seems to be the passwordX add-on in Firefox, I don't have an issue with safari (even though I said I did, sorry!) it works fine. The delay is in the X add-on with firefox. Looking at the other direction by adding Items on the desktop, they are not reflected in a timely manner, I added a login 15 minutes ago and it's still not on the X add-on in Firefox, but it showed up straight away on Safari.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@thecornerweb – Can you double check which vault your item is being saved to when saved from the desktop app? If it's a vault that's outside of your account, then it won't appear in 1Password X. For example, you could have local vaults on your computer which aren't necessarily a part of your account. Let me know what you find.

• thecornerweb
    thecornerweb
    Community Member

It's a vault within my membership account. I converted my old vaults to membership a few years ago, and delete the old vaults (dropbox).

• thecornerweb
    thecornerweb
    Community Member

I ended up removing the X extension, and adding the regular extension, and it works fine, just not as convenient. Thanks for trying to help!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@thecornerweb – I'm happy to help! If you get a chance, I'm curious what happens when you install 1Password X again. As a troubleshooting step, I would have suggested removing 1Password X and reinstalling it next. Let me know if you get around to it. If not, you can totally use the regular extension instead. Up to you!

This discussion has been closed.