Problem synching with iphone

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member

My iPhone instance of 1P no longer syncs. I sync via dropbox and for many years the vault was named 1Password.agilekeychain. Now I see in the Dropbox location a file named 1Password.opvault. I seem to remember that during some recent upgrade, the new file was created. So I am guessing that sync does not work because of the file name change.

How do I fix this?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasimon9!

If your iPhone is pointing to the wrong vault, that would explain why it is not syncing anymore, so you will have to point the app to the correct vault. Please see our troubleshooting tips for Dropbox sync, which include some suggestions on how to reset Dropbox sync.

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

I will explain in more detail. The question I originally asked was what to do to change it so that the same vault is in use on both devices: how do I point it to the right vault? The only choice is to the folder, but not the specific file. The following images show the state:

If the images have been uploaded properly, you would be able to see the following:

1. Both 1Password.agilekeychain and 1Password.opvault are in Dropbox on both my Mac and my iPhone. So Dropbox is working as expected.
    2. On the Mac the vault is set to 1Password.opvault.
    3. On the iPhone the vault is set to 1Password.agilekeychain.

It seems like it is an obvious mismatch. I did not see right away how to change the file, so I posted the question.

Being determined, after typing the above I decided to give it another shot. I might have succeeded. Here is what I did, which I do not believe the page you referenced included:

What I did:
    1. On the iPHone, turn off Sync.
    2. Turn Sync back on.
    3. Select 1Password.opvault.
    4. Wait for sync to finish.

After doing this, I noticed at the end of the sync on the iPhone, a message similar to "unable to upload vault file" was shown in 1Password. However, the sync apparently succeeded as the test case login on the iPhone is now updated to what it should be.

Could you please confirm that somewhere along the way the filename was changed from the agilekeychain extension to the opvault extension, and that it is safe to remove the 1Password.agilekeychain file?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasimon9:

I am glad you managed to get things sorted out. On your iOS device, in the screenshot above, you could have also tried tapping on the Change Dropbox button, which should have helped you with this.

Could you please confirm that somewhere along the way the filename was changed from the agilekeychain extension to the opvault extension, and that it is safe to remove the 1Password.agilekeychain file?

Yes, .agilekeychain is our old sync format. The latest versions of our 1Password apps use the more secure .opvault file instead. If all your items are already in your .opvault file, and you don't have anything that you need in the old .agilekeychain file, you can delete it.

This discussion has been closed.