CC expiration date backwards in 1Password X: yyyy/mm

So in the browser extension the credit card expiration shows backwards. As yyyy/mm. You also have to enter it backwards because it wont parse mm/yyyy. It also tries to autofill backwards messing up the entry fields on a website. The windows app has it in the right order mm/yyyy and you can enter it correctly too.

Is there any way to get the browser extension (1.17.0 in chrome) to use the correct credit card expiration date orderr?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @frumiousB! Thanks for getting in touch. I'm seeing my credit card expiration data as mm/yyyy in 1Password X.

Do you notice that other dates, like the "Last Modified" and "Created" date at the bottom of an item, are formatted similarly? The data format in 1Password X is determined based on your computer's region. I'm in the US, for example, where dates are formatted mm/dd/yyyy. I'm curious which region your computer is set to so I can attempt to reproduce the behavior. Let me know, I'm here to help!

• frumiousB
    frumiousB
    Community Member

Ok, thank you. I can repeat what you show there. Although the date shows yyyy/mm in the edit interface it is mm/yyyy in the main display. I checked and it copy/pastes mm/yyyy correctly too. There must of been something wrong on the restaurant's online interface yesterday because 1password does look correct. Sorry for the trouble.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@frumiousB – That's absolutely fine. I'm glad we could clear it up. :)

I see exactly what you're saying – when you edit an item in the 1Password web app, the dates are swapped to be yyyy/mm. I believe this is on our developers' radar, but I'll double check. If you do come across another website where your expiration date isn't filled correctly, I'd love to know about it!

ref: dev/b5/b5#3872

This discussion has been closed.