1PW doesn't work well with Outlook Web Mail - 2 page sign in

Options

Greetings,

I hope you can help me with this as I teach others how to use 1Password.

I go to Outlook WebMail and click 1PW to autofill. But, Outlook webmail has two pages, 1st page asks for your email address, so I go to 1PW icon and click on autofill and it fills that page. Then I have to click NEXT to get to 2nd page of the sign-in which asks for the password, so I have to go up to the 1PW icon to click on autofill and 1PW will then put in the PW. There are other websites that can't be filled on 1 page, Can you please help. What does someone do when a website has a two-page sign-in and the autofill doesn't work automatically.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: don't know
OS Version: OS 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1PW doesn't work well with Outlook Web Mail - 2 page sign in

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ReannaLucille!

If the login page is divided, you will have to call 1Password twice, once for the username and once for the password page. Have you considered using the 1Password keyboard shortcut to make this quicker though? Instead of using the mouse and clicking on the 1Password extension button in your browser twice, you could simply use the Cmd+\ keyboard shortcut instead.

• ReannaLucille
    ReannaLucille
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, ag_ana. That is a good idea. I will try it out.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ReannaLucille ,
    The keyboard shortcut CMD + \ that ag_ana offered is a miracle worker and will make your 1Password experience a lot more enjoyable! Use it everywhere, not just in multi-pages logins.

If you happen to use Chrome or Firefox as your main browser, I would then suggest you use 1Password X instead: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
    1Password X will autofill both fields even if they are on separate pages in most cases.

This discussion has been closed.