Can't sync 1Password Android since rebuild of mac with OS Catalina

brentm
brentm
Community Member

Hi, I did a clean build of my mac with OS Catalina and installed the 1Password app from the agilebits website and restored my database from the backup file. I can sync a iOS device but not the Android device (Samsung Galaxy S10) and I've also bought my wife a new Android phone to replace the iPhone and it detects the WLAN server is running but when I enter the code, it does nothing.
I 100% prefer to use WLAN sync.

my MAC is ethernet connected with wifi also turned on and I have the firewall enabled with 1Password app allowing incoming connections.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OSX 10.15.2
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hi @brentm, I can't say for certain without seeing a diagnostics report but it sounds like the Android app may be seeing your computer on the network but ignoring it.

1Password has many safeguards to prevent syncing your data to a different computer and merging your vault's content with another. One of the checks is to confirm that the found computer on the network is the same computer you had initially configured WLAN Server sync.

To get them syncing together reset the Android app (delete and reinstall it) and connect it afresh to the Mac. Let me know how you get on :)

Regarding your wife's phone, let's get a diagnostics report and take a closer look. To do this, follow the instructions linked below:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+android@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110717/cant-sync-1password-android-since-rebuild-of-mac-with-os-catalina
    • Your forum username: @brentm

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

Let me know when you've emailed in and I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

Cheers!

• brentm
    brentm
    Community Member

Actually, i prefer not to delete the app and reinstall it as i have more items on my phone than in my Mac so i need to get them in there first. Ill arrange to get that diagnostics report in

• brentm
    brentm
    Community Member

As it turns out, I was entering the WLAN secret with the spaces in it - once I did it without the spaces, everything sync'd up. Now my wife's phone is ok. I still have the issue of my phone not being able to connect to the WLAN service on my Mac which I'd like to get fixed please.

• brentm
    brentm
    Community Member

so, I had a read through the logs and I think the problem is that my phone still will only sync to the previous Mac build which would have had a different guid and also had a different name. I reset the app and reconnected and lost those other passwords.

• Thanks for the update, I'm glad you were able to get things syncing again.

WiFi sync can be tricky to fix when it goes wrong. If you find yourself in a similar position in the future then one thing you could try is exporting the Primary vault from the Android app (Settings > Advanced > Export Primary Vault). You'd then need to manually transfer that exported vault back to the Mac.

And our WLAN troubleshooting guide may also be useful: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/

Let me know if I can help in any other way :)

This discussion has been closed.