1Password Windows 7.3.684 slow performance/unresponsive UI.

2»

Comments

• 1Password.com was designed as a service, @jimger, not just a sync solution. Of course, automatic sync via our servers is a feature of a 1Password membership, but that sync service is inseparable from the other features included with that membership. I don't know that we'd even be capable of sync alone at this point and even if we could, I would be very surprised to see that happen. Our sync services is part of an integrated system designed to do one thing and one thing only and that's sync data associated with a 1Password.com account.

If the fact that you purchased a license is all that's keeping you from making that switch, I'd strongly suggest reaching out over e-mail to support@1password.com and asking my teammates if they can help you swap over. Depending on when you purchased your licenses, they may be able to offer you a full refund so you can swap over. If a subscription isn't an option for you at all, however, your best bet would be to explore folder sync and see if that would be an option for you:

https://support.1password.com/local-folder/

While the only service we officially support that works on Windows is Dropbox, folder sync may give you some different options so long as you don't need to sync any iOS devices. :+1:

• mrxqtr
    mrxqtr
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

What is the status on this? 1Password is really unusable for me on Windows 10. I have been emailing with support in the past multiple times and was told to wait for beta's and updates etc. Currently I'm really getting impatient since I have to work more with Windows computers. Sometimes it literally takes me a minute to login somewhere. And these are clean installed up to date high spec Windows 10 PC's without any bloat. This is going on for like more than a year and is really getting me annoyed. The last time I gave it another chance and extended my family subscription for a year. Currently I'm already thinking of switching way before the end of my subscription period.

• Without knowing the exact background of what has been investigated around your issue, @muratje, it's hard for me to give any decent guidance. We've resolved some of these issues in updates, a few reported on the forum have turned out to be unrelated to the known issues we're working on, and still others are ongoing as they impact some fairly key functionalities of the app and take a bit more time to rework and test properly. I can assume that your issues will be addressed as part of that ongoing work which I can't give an ETA on now, but I'd much rather have a closer look at exactly what's going wrong for you before making that assumption. I tried looking up some past correspondence using the e-mail you registered on the forum in hopes of getting some background and didn't see anything specifically addressing these performance issues.

This may seem silly, but I've found performance problems to be unrelated that I hate making those assumptions without taking a look myself. Since you've discussed this with support already, do you happen to have any of those old e-mails kicking around where you could share the support ID from the subject line and I could take a peek? It'll look like [#ABC-123-4567]. We also, as I mentioned, have made some changes aimed at addressing these issues between now and then so I'd be equally happy to give your problems another once-over. I will do my level best not to turn it into too much of a project, but with these changes having resolved problems for some, I think it's worth a follow-up just in case. I fully understand that it's frustrating to have to wait for something so impactful to be fixed. It's frustrating for us to have to ask you to as well. But, these things take time to do properly and it's taking that time that will avoid them coming back one day, so I hope you understand that decision even if it turns out to be a dealbreaker for you.

• mrxqtr
    mrxqtr
    Community Member

One of them -> [CFW-76523-647]

• Thanks, @muratje! Alas, that one is old enough that the diagnostics you had sent have been cleaned up. We don't like keeping customer data around, so we make an effort to get rid of it as soon as is practical. Would you mind terribly if I took another look at some diagnostics from your PC? Indeed, it may be that you're seeing these known issues and there's nothing to be done, but I can't tell from that conversation what all was investigated and what conclusions were drawn as it sounds like there were conversations with the development team that happens outside the e-mail conversation itself and I'd hate to later find we overlooked something. If you're up for it, send another diagnostics report to us via e-mail to support+windows@1password.com. Instructions are here if you need 'em:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

Let me know when you've sent it and I'll take a peek. Bonus points for sharing the support ID if you're sending it from a different e-mail address than what you use here. :+1:

• mrxqtr
    mrxqtr
    Community Member

Sent, same address ;)

• Thank you, @muratje! I don't see it just yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it and get back to you as soon as it lands in our inbox. If it doesn't pop up for any reason, I'll let you know. :chuffed:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @muratje,

I found your email on our side. We will take a look and get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

ref: GUC-96579-775

• drvelocity
    drvelocity
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

It's now 2020 and there still is no fix for this. Every time I click 1password it takes about 2 minutes to decrypt the vault (and is unresponsive until then) which is absolutely unacceptable. Why does a monstrous i7-9700k in Windows have this issue and not a lowly iPhone which can instantly unlock the very same vault?

A cursory forum search shows that this has been a problem for YEARS. Literally the one thing this app should be able to do is not take two minutes every time you need to use it.

• Like I've said to others here, @drvelocity, not all of these issues are related to the same thing. Yours might be the result of some known issues, but it could as easily be something else entirely that we are able to fix. The only way to know is to take a look at your specific circumstances. Like with others here, the best thing to do is send us a diagnostics report so we can get an understanding of your specific setup and test anything we need to in order to determine if this is something we can fix now. It is never safe to assume that the same symptoms always equal the same problem. There have been plenty of times that's been far from the case and we'd be more than happy to work with you to try and fix your problem, whatever it might be. :+1:

• drvelocity
    drvelocity
    Community Member

I’m sorry but I don’t buy that reply for a second. You ask for diagnostic reports repeatedly from people on these forums yet I’ve never seen anyone actually have this issue get fixed - feel free to point me to an example if I’m missing it. Blaming what is surely faulty programming on specific circumstances is a cop out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@drvelocity - usually when we ask for diagnostics reports, it's because we need to take a closer look at a user's individual setup, and that means a significant amount of personally-identifying information that should absolutely not be shared in this public forum. That's going to be the main reason why you don't see resolutions for things once they're taken to email, but it doesn't mean there was no resolution. :) If you're having an issue that sounds to you like the OP here, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/544527/#Comment_544527
    • Your forum username: @drvelocity

That way we can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the title with square brackets around it.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.