1Password doesn't stay unlocked after unlocking from inside another app

ggirotto
ggirotto
Community Member
edited December 2019 in iOS

I don't know if this is a bug, but I think it is at least a strange behavior.
Steps:
1. 1Password is locked
2. Unlock 1Password from inside the target application to get log in credentials
3. When calling 1Password again inside the same app, 1Password will start locked instead unlocked (since it was unlocked in step 2)

Is this expected?

Video reproducing: https://youtu.be/RI5kVciqDwY

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ggirotto

It is, yes. :) The autofill extension doesn't currently have the ability to save the information that would be needed for subsequent automatic unlocks.

Ben

• ggirotto
    ggirotto
    Community Member

Thanks for your answer Ben :)

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

• mcgui
    mcgui
    Community Member

@Ben , I too have found this behavior irritating. I have Lock on Exit off and Auto-Lock set to 1 hr, but each time I use 1Password from an app I'm forced to enter my master password.

I'd like to suggest that 1 Password address this. In my opinion, forcing the user to enter their master password each time, regardless of lock setting, encourages an inferior security approach; either the user will use touch or face ID (both of which put the master password in your iOS keychain, which I don't want to do) or they'll change to a simpler to type master password which will likely be less secure (e.g. shorter).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mcgui:

I have Lock on Exit off and Auto-Lock set to 1 hr, but each time I use 1Password from an app I'm forced to enter my master password.

Please make sure you unlock the full 1Password app at least once. Afterwards, every time you use the AutoFill feature, you will not be asked for your Master Password anymore, but rather for Touch ID or Face ID.

This discussion has been closed.