Can't move passwords between vaults

AndrewMammoth
AndrewMammoth
Community Member

I'm using 1Password for teams and am unable to move passwords between vaults. I have a large number of passwords that I need to move to a different vault, and I am unable to do so as directed in this support article. I can't drag selected items to a new vault, and when I right click and select "move to vault", all the options are greyed out.

I am an administrator with permission to manage vaults, so I am not sure why I am unable to move items between vaults (see permissions below)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AndrewMammoth - are you in the All Vaults view when you're doing this? If so, you'd need to switch to a specific vault, then try moving again.

• AndrewMammoth
    AndrewMammoth
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. I was in the All Vaults view, but the problem continues when I switch to the specific vault that I need to move the passwords from. Interestingly, I just found that there are a couple vaults that I am able to move/copy items from. But others (including the one I need) are still not working. Do you know if there are settings I can change that would make some vaults' passwords be moveable and some not?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AndrewMammoth - there are indeed! And if you're able to move from some vaults but not others, that's indication that nothing's wrong with your local app/setup, but something may be amiss with the vaults/accounts in question. If you have more than one 1password.com account you belong to, and one of them is in Frozen status, you'd need to use the Copy command, because Move won't be available to you. If that's not the issue, then I'd recommend signing into your account in a browser and checking your permissions (if you're an Admin or Owner of the team; if not, you'll need to get in touch with someone who is).

• AndrewMammoth
    AndrewMammoth
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. I just use the one account and it's not Frozen. I've logged in via browser and checked my permissions (see screenshot in original post) — they seem like they should be allowing me to move passwords. Anything else you think could be causing this issue?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AndrewMammoth - those aren't your vault permissions. They say you can manage vaults...but they don't tell you what the settings you have for any individual vault are currently. Click Vaults in the sidebar, then the vault in question. Check your privileges for it by clicking the gear icon next to either your name or a group you belong to (Admins, user-created groups, etc) that might have permissions to that vault.

• AndrewMammoth
    AndrewMammoth
    Community Member

That worked! Thanks Lars!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@AndrewMammoth

On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.