Phasing out of Android Keyboard

Marco2G
Marco2G
Community Member

I'm not sure why 1password insist on constantly worsening my experience with it but what the hell?

Often enough I try to log into a web page where 1password doesn't popup to allow for autofilling. What the hell am I to do in such a case if you remove the keyboard? Switch back and forth and manually copy paste?

On gog.com, for example, the popup only shows on the password field but when I select the credentials, it also only fills the password field and not the username.

I get that 1password can't make the app smart enough to autofill each and every website no matter how craptastic the coding is. But come on, the keyboard was a last resort in such cases.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Marco2G. While we do intend to remove the keyboard in the future, we decided not to do it just yet, as we want to improve the Autofill experience before hand. That said, for websites like this, you can use drag and drop to fill your username.

• Marco2G
    Marco2G
    Community Member

Thank you for the tip. I'm not a user of side by side windows so this never occurred to me. But this is a viable solution.

I might have to pose the same question for the windows client then. The user experience has worsened significantly for me. Perhaps I'm just not aware of a better way there as well.

• No problem @Marco2G, glad we could help.

If you've got a question about the Windows app then I'd recommend heading over to the Windows topic and posting there, just to keep things tidy and relevant. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.