Edge on OSX 1Password Browser Plugin

MattHillUK
MattHillUK
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Mac

I'm using the stable version of Microsoft Edge on OSX (10.15.2) (currently based on Chromium 79) with the 1Password plugin installed from the Chrome store.

Sadly when trying to use the 1Password browser extension of Edge it says "this site is trying to open 1Password 7" however after clicking open it simply says "Couldn’t connect to 1Password. Make sure you have the 1Password app installed. If you're still experiencing problems follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us."

I'm guessing i'm in the minority here using a Microsoft browser on OSX, however the plugin does work fine with Edge running on Windows 10. Is their anything I can do to get this working using Edge on OSX?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• YourCrush
    YourCrush
    Community Member

I'm also having this issue!

I followed the instructions here, but the extension still does not function properly.

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

Have you downloaded the Beta version of 1Password 7 for macOS? The current Beta version is 1Password 7
    Version 7.4.2.BETA-2 (70402002) 1Password Beta

You need to be running the Beta version for the extension to work (at present). To do this, make sure you downloaded 1 Password 7 for Mac from the 1Password website. Open 1Password, and click on its name in the Menu Bar. Select Preferences -> Updates -> Tick Include beta builds -> Click on Check Now (next to Check for updates).

Once the Beta version is installed, follow the steps as outlined in the post you linked. You should find it then works.

• MattHillUK
    MattHillUK
    Community Member

Upgrading to 1 Password 7 Version 7.4.2.BETA-2 (70402002) then copying the file in to Edges "NativeMessagingHosts" folder worked perfectly for me.

Thank you for the assistance!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! And thank you to gussic for the help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@YourCrush:

Have you already tried the instructions kindly posted by gussic here? Please let us know how it goes :+1:

• YourCrush
    YourCrush
    Community Member

That ended up working! @ag_ana

Thanks gussic <3

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.