Dropbox not syncing

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator
I don't know if my problem is related to this (moderators, feel free to create a new thread). But I recently changed a lot of passwords. I find that at least one item in my Logins on the iPhone has the old version of the password (and username and memorable info). I made the change a while ago,, and Dropbox shows the keychain as recent, so it cannot be a matter of Dropbox not having xompleted its sync.

Using 1PW 3.8.9 on Snow Leopard.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It sounds like you may have already reset Dropbox syncing on your iOS device(s) based on the other thread you started, but please try the steps below. Each one is important, so please be sure to follow them carefully.

1. Update 1Password to the most recent version (3.8.10).
    2. In 1Password, rebuild your data file (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File).
    3. Wait for Dropbox to finish syncing on your Mac.
    4. In 1Password on your iOS device(s), reset Dropbox syncing (Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).
    5. Still in 1Password for iOS: turn Dropbox syncing back on.

Please let me know how it turns out.

If you are still having trouble, can you confirm for me that the item that is not showing up in iOS is showing up in 1PasswordAnywhere? (Open 1Password.agilekeychain -> 1Password.html via Dropbox's web interface to use the 1PasswordAnywhere feature.)
  • danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks. I've upgraded to 3.8.10 and rebuilt the data file. I'll wait to do the other steps, as my issue with the Unfiled folder needs to be dealt with first.

Now I'm back from my holidays I don't actually need to use the iPad for a while.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Let me know how it turns out when you complete the steps. I'll keep working with you in the other thread to get the Unfiled folder issue resolved.
  • danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    It's ok now, I don't know why there was a problem. I have rechecked a selection of passwords. Of course I can't be sure that they are all ok, but no particular reason to assume there are any more difficulties.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for the update on that. :)
This discussion has been closed.