1P X vs 1P ext.

Options

Hi,

what exactly is the difference between 1Password X and 1Password extension? I recently switched from Chrome to Brave and wanted to install the 1Password extension on two of my PCs and on one PC I ended up with the classic 1Password extension and on the second PC I ended up with 1Password X that looks different. Will the clasic extension become obsolete?

Thanks!
br
ElVen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ElVen

I asked the exact same question here, Needless to say I swapped to 1 Password X and haven't looked back since!

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104962/1password-x-or-1password-chrome-extension#latest

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for chiming in @Zaka_7. :) I hope Zaka_7's link helps, @ElVen. If you have further questions please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ElVen
    ElVen
    Community Member
    Options

hi, thanks for answers. So I read some posts and it looks like I will stick with the extension since I can install 1Password app on both my windows computers. I also like the possibility of "unlock using secure desktop" feature on the extension, which I didnt see in the X version.
    Are both version in scope of developing/maintaining in the future or is there a plan to have only one?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ElVen:

We don't currently have anything to share about it, other than that we are currently working on both extensions, so you can definitely choose the one you prefer :)

This discussion has been closed.