Unable to log in to 1password on Mac

Options
chrishaueter
chrishaueter
Community Member

I downloaded 1Password v7 for Mac. When I try to log in using the same password that I use for the iPhone app, I'm unable to log in. Please advise.

Comments

• chrishaueter
    chrishaueter
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrishaueter! Welcome to the forum!

Your second screenshot shows that you have a standalone vault (Primary) in your 1Password app on your Mac (only standalone vaults have password hints). I think this vault might have a different Master Password than the vault you are using on your iPhone.

If you open your 1Password app on your iPhone, do you perhaps see a Primary vault in the app there?

• chrishaueter
    chrishaueter
    Community Member
    Options

No, just a Personal Vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chrishaueter:

Thank you for the confirmation. This is why you are seeing this: your Personal vault uses a different Master Password than your Primary vault. What was the last time you successfully managed to unlock the 1Password app on your Mac?

• chrishaueter
    chrishaueter
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure I ever did! If I did, I must not have saved the password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chrishaueter:

I understand. If all the data you need is in your Personal vault, you can reset the 1Password app on your Mac so you can start over. This will delete everything you currently have in your 1Password app on your Mac, but if you have never used it, there is probably not much (if anything) in there.

And after the reset, you will be able to add the same 1Password account that you are already using in your iPhone app :)

• chrishaueter
    chrishaueter
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana, I'll try that!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! Let us know how it goes :+1:

This discussion has been closed.