Add documents has no any effect on other synced devices

wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Android

Hi,
if I upload a document in my vault, it seems correctly uploaded, but no any other device, logged in (same account ofc) sees its presence.

Steps to reproduce:
1. open the Android app
2. press on the "plus" icon
3. select document
4. navigate to any file to upload

The upload seems to work, but the documents are not present in any other devices. Tested with:

• web app
  • iOS beta app
  • macOS beta app
  • Windows 10 beta app

In this way, after my tests, I've 5 documents in my vault from all the devices except Android one, and 7 documents only on Android device. This because I've tested to send 2 files from Android, and I can see (and are counted) only on Android device.

If I upload the same file tested with Android app (.txt, .img, .apk, .pdf) from another app (used iOS, macOS, Windows 10), it works perfectly and I can see the documents from all other devices, Android included.

I tested all the device with my only one account, all devices with the same wifi under VPN.

1Password Version: 7.4.BETA-7 (build #70400007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: native sync of 1Password server(s)

Comments

• @wizard86pz Thanks for reporting this! I'm able to reproduce this bug, and I've created an issue internally for our development team to look into. For now, I've found that the issue seems to be with 1Password's lock settings. If you launch and unlock 1Password, tap Settings > Security, and turn Lock on exit off, you should be able to upload and sync documents normally.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#930

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@peri Yes, I confirm, thanks for help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of peri, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Just an additional info for @peri internal ticket: I'm able to reproduce it even if I've disabled the following setting: Settings > Security > Lock on exit.

But with this condition, the issue is a lil' different in what I see, but same effect (no traces of document uploaded from Android, to the other paired devices): during the uploading there is a continuous appearing and disappearing notification in the notifications bar, that tells me that 1Password is uploading a file. There is also an error with a typical debug error string, but it appears really for an instant and I cannot read it properly.

• Hi @wizard86pz. We've just released 7.4.BETA-8 which has a fix for this issue. If you like, please join our beta channel and let us know if this resolves the issue for you!

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

I was already beta tester. From last 7.4.BETA-8 (build #70400008) all is ok, great. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of peri, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.