iOS app slow sync

This discussion was created from comments split from: Force Sync.

Comments

• leomichine
    leomichine
    Community Member

Hi,

Just wanted to add my 5 cents into the thread so maybe 1password team could see that there is more people struggling with this issue. I'm using 1P for macOS and iOS devices and usually sync works well, at least for existing items. However every time I create a new entry on the mac it does not appear on my iOS device for quite long time (from minutes to hours), that happens quite consistently. It looks like I can blame the iOS app because I can see the new entry synced to the cloud instantly and it just doesn't appear on my phone.

I would really appreciate it if I could click a sync button because I don't want to troubleshoot (unless you want to pay me for that :) ), I want to get my password on my device asap.

There are plenty of ways to get reports automatically from users who would click that button so you would be able to gather much more precise data through logs and telemetry than via vague bug reports.

PS please don't say again that this button is not there for the sake of the user it sounds like if a company making smartlocks would stop making keyholes in their products to force customers to call them and help to troubleshoot instead of letting them to use a physical key.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @leomichine!

However every time I create a new entry on the mac it does not appear on my iOS device for quite long time (from minutes to hours), that happens quite consistently.

It sounds like there is something on your iOS device that is interfering with your sync process, since your other devices work fine. If you lock and unlock 1Password on your iOS device, you will force a new sync to take place immediately. If you do this, is your data synced?

This discussion has been closed.