Not able to connect to private safe through WebForm

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to edit an entry in my private safe (owner of family-plan)
But if I select the "Private" safe I get the following error:
"Fehler beim Laden des Tresors.
Zeitüberschreitung bei Anfrage. Dies bedeutet wahrscheinlich, dass Sie nicht mit dem Internet verbunden sind oder unsere Server offline sind.
ClientError: Request timed out. This probably means that you’re not connected to the Internet or our servers are down. (105)
Session: SVYPWKRXFZAZ3MQ532CYMMCSEM
Time: 2019-12-30 23:17:11 +01:00"

This only happens with "private" safe!
All other (9) safes are accessible.
The error was recognizes first today at about 11am.

I tried using another browser (fresh installed firefox, without any add-on!) without effort.

Using the AndroidApp or 1P7 on MacOS the private safe works fine!

What can I do to get access in WebForm?

1Password Version: 7.4.1 (Mac)
Extension Version: 1PasswordX 1.18.0
OS Version: OS X 10.15
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wibbmr! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let us know what browser this is happening with? If it works with Firefox, it should work with other browsers too, so do you perhaps have some other browser extensions (perhaps an ad blocker), that might be incorrectly interfering with 1Password in this browser?

• wibbmr
    wibbmr
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Oh, it seems i took a wrong word. It was late, sorry!

It isn't working with Firefox.
    I installed it to exclude Problems with AddOns or Extensions.

What's confusing is the fact "All other safes are working!"
    ONLY "private" safe isn't able to open correctly

Adding or deleting Items in another app leads to changes of the counter "total Items" and changes of safe-icon are shown. But it doesn't open the safe correctly.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wibbmr ,
    If you have 2FA enabled in your account, please try removing 1Password X from your browser(s) and then reinstall it. It might be trying to authenticate without the 2FA code or with an outdated one, which locks that vault up for you or causes these strage errors.

After you reinstall 1Password X and authenticate properly, you should have access. If the vault is still currently locked and giving you this error, give it a few hours and test again.

• wibbmr
    wibbmr
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hey,

Tried removing 1 Password X from Firefox and Chrome and reinstalling it.
    No changes on both browsers. All other safes are working fine but "private" doesn't want to open.

Made some more tests in an newly installed VM (W10Pro) and fresh installed browsers: Chrome + Firefox (without any Extensions or AddOns). I logged into "myid".1password.com with fresh authorisation incl. 2FA.
    It's exactly the same problem. "private" doesn't want to open correctly, other safes are working fine.

Is there a way to fully RESET the "private" safe?
    I could back all items up into another safe and move them back afterwards...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wibbmr ,
    Your private safe is the base of your 1Password.com account. You will need to delete your account and open a new one in order to "reset" things, which I recommend we avoid for the time being.

I cleared the MFA errors from your account for now.
    Can you please disable MFA on your account, disable 1Password X in your browsers, give it a couple of hours and then see if you are able to access the private vault from your browsers? If you can, enable 1Password X in one of your browsers and see if it keeps working properly, then enable another browser and so on.

If everything works well that way, remove your account from 1Password X in all browsers, enable MFA on your account, then add it to 1Password X.
    Let me know how it goes.

• wibbmr
    wibbmr
    Community Member
    Options

Everything is working fine now
    Thank you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it :)