Items in app do not sync online. The app references vault "Primary on my Mac", website is "shared"

larssven1
larssven1
Community Member

Just started using 1Password. When I enter a Shared Note in the installed application on my Mac, it does not show up online. On the mac, it references vault Primary On my Mac. But online it references Vault Shared. I don't seem to have the option point both instances to the same vault. Please help.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Items not syncing. Vault on mac references "on my mac". Vault online reference "shared"

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @larssven1! Welcome to the forum!

That's because the Primary vault is not stored in your 1Password account. After you migrate your existing data to your 1Password account, we actually recommend removing the old Primary vault from your devices to avoid confusion.

May I ask if there is a reason you kept your Primary vault?

• larssven1
    larssven1
    Community Member

Thank ag_ana. That was part of the problem. The other was I was not logged into my online 1password.com account on the local app. Once I changed that, I could see everything. I have also deleted the old Primary Vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@larssven1:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected now :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.