Alfred error message, and Mini and Extension STILL not working right (I think it's a Chrome issue)

Options
mscwebmaster
mscwebmaster
Community Member

1) I'm still having a problem with having to click Go or Autofill on an item 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 14 (I've counted) times before it will open a page and fill in the login of a page. Different sites. I've been working with you on this for a few months, now. Any progress? I think it might be an issue with Chrome. It doesn't seem to do it in Firefox or Safari, but I need the Chrome Developer Tools.

2) I use a program called Alfred on my Mac. Once feature is "Snippets." One of the functions in Snippets is to make keyword-expandable macros. I'm a web designer and I keep code snippets in there. I need to be able to expand my snippet with the keyword I've set up. Now I'm getting an error message in Alfred in the last few days. "1Password 7 seems to be preventing text expansion by locking secure entry." How do I override this? I was able to set this up and use it last week. Today, not so much.

I'm not keeping my vault on your servers.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mscwebmaster!

With regards to your first question, if I understand the issue that you are trying to describe correctly, please see this post from my colleague Lars for the latest updates.

With regards to the second question, is 1Password by chance in Edit mode when this happens?

• mscwebmaster
    mscwebmaster
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

On #1 - Read the thread. So frustrating. I'm just trying to avoid the plugin and Mini. After reading the thread, I was so relieved to see it wasn't just me, because when I started on this journey, support didn't know what the heck I was talking about, couldn't replicate it, etc.

On #2 - No, I'm not in Edit mode when this happens. I try not to stay in Edit mode in 1PW, because that's a good way to muck up the info in there and create catastrophic problems later on. I'm in another program - Coda (kind of an IDE, soon to be Visual Studio Code), trying to expand a macro that says "/* Theresa added/modified /*" when I modify something in a template's CSS or functions.php. I have a keyword for expanding the snippet, which is now working. I throw up my hands.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mscwebmaster:

I tried testing this with Alfred and I could not reproduce this. I also checked our open issues and I could not find anything related to secure input, so this is not something that we have seen so far. We will keep an eye out for similar reports however, and should you ever find some consistent steps to reproduce this, please let us know what those steps are and we will be happy to test them here.

• mscwebmaster
    mscwebmaster
    Community Member
    Options

As I mentioned in my previous post, it's working now. "I have a keyword for expanding the snippet, which is now working. I throw up my hands." Thank you, though.

Ironically, 1PW is not working to autofill the login for your forum.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mscwebmaster:

Ironically, 1PW is not working to autofill the login for your forum.

I have just tested it on our forum, and 1Password filled my username and password correctly for me. I start to suspect that there might be something happening somewhere on your system, in light of your previous post too. Let's see if we can find out what it is.

What browser and browser version is this happening with?

• mscwebmaster
    mscwebmaster
    Community Member
    Options

It would be nice if I could delete a reply. I already mentioned Chrome. 79.0.3945.130. It's not doing this in FF or Safari. Just Chrome. "I think it might be an issue with Chrome. It doesn't seem to do it in Firefox or Safari, but I need the Chrome Developer Tools."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mscwebmaster:

I have delete the duplicate reply for you.

Thank you also for confirming the Chrome version. Since the issue is specific to Chrome, I wonder if it might be related to a known issue we have been investigating. You can see all the latest information about it here.

• mscwebmaster
    mscwebmaster
    Community Member
    Options

I saw it there. I've been having this issue for a few months. No fix yet.

• mscwebmaster
    mscwebmaster
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for removing the duplicate.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mscwebmaster:

If you haven't already, please try the beta version of the extension, as explained in that post, and see if that helps. Otherwise, please give it another try when the next stable version is published, if you don't want to update to the beta right now.

• mscwebmaster
    mscwebmaster
    Community Member
    Options

I don't do betas, because I have paying work to do as a web designer and graphic designer. Thanks. My computer is a production environment, which is why this is so maddening. What I NEED is a well-tested stable release. Based on the conversations on your forum, your software was an RC at best, not a stable release. It would have been super helpful if, a few months ago, when I first started complaining about this, support didn't insist this was an aberration on my computer. Apparently, it's not.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mscwebmaster:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this! I understand your position on betas, it's certainly your prerogative not to use them. Please try the next stable release once it's published and let us know if that helped :+1:

This discussion has been closed.