i need the basics explained to me. how do I get 1PW to take on a website login data

I don't even know where to begin to use 1PW. I have created an account but how to I start to insert various website login data? I had 1PW open and signed onto another website I use often and 1PW did nothing. I thought it was supposed to ask me if I want it to remember the sign in information??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i need the basics explained to me. how do I get 1PW to take on a website login data

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PatsyT! Welcome to the forum!

I have created an account but how to I start to insert various website login data?

The easiest way is to let the 1Password browser extension help you with this. Please see this article to see how to use it.

I thought it was supposed to ask me if I want it to remember the sign in information??

Can you confirm that you have installed the 1Password browser extension in your browser? You can download it for your browser of choice here.

It's important that you do this, because installing the 1Password desktop app won't be enough: if you want 1Password to fill information for you, or to ask you to save them, you need the browser extension installed in your browser.

This discussion has been closed.