1Password Chrome Plugin can not properly fill forms on my Mac

Options
13»

Comments

• ilijusin
    ilijusin
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also experiencing issues with the chrome extension for over a month now. 1Password refuses to fill out any input and keyboard shortcut for invoking the extension doesn't work either. This makes the app frustrating to use.

I've reinstalled beta version of the extension as well as updated the Mac app to the latest beta release but to no avail.

As a long-time premium user, I wonder how is it possible to break the core functionality of such a widely used service and not issue a reliable fix for such a long time?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ilijusin:

What version of the Chrome browser is this happening with? If you could also confirm the exact 1Password app version and 1Password browser extension version, that would also be useful. Thank you!

• ilijusin
    ilijusin
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

I'm primarily using a Brave browser:
    Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I'm experiencing the same issue on my work Macbook running Chrome:
    Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

On both I have installed:
    4.7.6.1 1Password beta (desktop app required)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ilijusin
    Can you provide me with a step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue here on my setup (which is identical to yours)? Here's an example of what I'm looking for:
    1. I open Chrome on my Mac.
    2. I go to gmail.com to log in.
    3. Upon reaching the login page, I press CMD+\ to bring up 1Password.
    4. 1Password pops up, I select the appropriate login and hit ENTER to autofill it.
    5. Instead of autofilling, 1Password simply disappears for a moment and then comes back with a list of all my logins ordered alphabetically.

If you can provide me with such a list of steps that I can follow and reproduce here, it might help us further with our investigation on the matter.

• dfleiva
    dfleiva
    Community Member
    Options

I'm consistently getting the same issue. How can I contribute to help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dfleiva:

Have you tried the beta extension already, as per the suggestion posted by my colleague Yaron earlier in this discussion?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @georgexsh ,
    Have you tried my suggesting of the beta extension?

If you did install it and still experiencing the issue, please provide me with a step-by-step description of your actions and what happens when you take them, so I can try and reproduce it here.

• dfleiva
    dfleiva
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using the beta extension and I believe it may have solved this issue. I haven't seen it recur since I've been using it for the past couple of weeks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @dfleiva! I am glad to hear this :)

This discussion has been closed.