Cant get 1P to fill fields from icon on toolbar

Options
scooten19
scooten19
Community Member

I have had 1P for years and have a standalone key (somewhere) I am setting up a new Macbook Pro. I downloaded v.7 and all passwords, notes etc migrated over, I am told that the app is set to run on this computer but when clicking on the icon in the toolbar, it opens up the passwords but clicking on the desired site does nothing (and the button on the toolbar is grayed ut). I am also seeing read only. I have downloaded the extension for my browser (Chrome) but still nothing happening except that I keep getting the window asking me to subscribe. Im happy with my standalone version. Please advise. Thank you

1Password Version: 7.4.110.15.2
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Cant get 1P to fill fields from icon on toolbar

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scooten19!

I am also seeing read only.

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade. In order for filling to work, you need either a license for 1Password 7, or an active subscription. Do you have one of these applied to the app?

• scooten19
    scooten19
    Community Member
    Options

I have the old license but just moved and original laptop has gone dead. can I use the old license that I paid for years ago? I'll just write 1P to provide. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scooten19:

You can certainly use your existing license if you prefer, but in that case please make sure you download an older version of 1Password (the one you paid the license for).

This discussion has been closed.