Keyboard Shortcut for Fill Login Not Working in Chrome

Options

Hi, My keyboard shortcut for fill login is not working in Chrome. I've already reinstalled both Chrome and the 1Password extension. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

The other shortcuts are working to lock, open, and show.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Window 10 1803
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:1password x shortcut autofill

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DarrenD! Welcome to the forum!

What is your current keyboard shortcut for filling?

• DarrenD
    DarrenD
    Community Member
    Options

Control + \

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DarrenD:

Thank you for the confirmation. Control + \ is typically the keyboard shortcut for the companion browser extension (the one that needs the desktop app to work). From your first post however, I see that you are using 1Password X instead, which does not use that shortcut to fill information. You just click on the login form, and 1Password X will show you a dropdown list with your logins, with no need to manually fill.

If you want to continue using 1Password X, you will not need the filling shortcut. If you want to keep using the same shortcut to fill your data, you can download the companion browser extension instead.

• DarrenD
    DarrenD
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana, I do prefer the shortcut, so I will instead install the browser extension. This Windows OS is new and 1Password X is what was on offer for Google Chrome when I went to your site to download the "extension." I had no idea, and having 1Password 7 list the shortcut in the settings is kind of confusing.

Thanks for your quick response.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad Ana could help clear things up for you! Which 1Password extension you use is based on personal preference as of right now. It's good that you reached out to us so you could learn about the other browser extension we offer. :)

I hope you have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.