To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

two-factor extra security

PaulMoraes
PaulMoraes
Community Member

Extra two factor security enabled now, but I have a problem, did not have the option to back up security codes in case of smartphone loss, such as access without backup codes, please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @PaulMoraes

You can print the scannable QR code when setting up TOTP such that in the event you lost your phone you could scan that code on a new phone. If you are already past that point you can disable and re-enable TOTP to get a new QR code. 1Password does not utilize backup codes.

Ben

• PaulMoraes
    PaulMoraes
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

@Ben

Dear Ben,

Great exit, I had not thought of that. I already went through this step, I will set up again.

I didn't know (1Password doesn't use backup codes), thanks Ben.

Paul Moraes Jr.

• @PaulMoraes

Glad to hear that should work for you. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

• PaulMoraes
    PaulMoraes
    Community Member

@Ben

That will solve yes, was worried.

I thank you for all the kindness and attention. :)

• You're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

• PaulMoraes
    PaulMoraes
    Community Member

@Ben,

Add new one-time password

Using two-factor authentication with the 1Password app (Video Title)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We're here if you need anything else. :) :+1:

• rmaciel
    rmaciel
    Community Member

I cannot log in to my own 1PW account since the 2FA (Microsoft) does not have the 1 password account anymore after my recent iPhone reset. (I didn't know I had to back up the authenticator data).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rmaciel!

I’m sorry to hear that you got locked out of your 1Password account. We will be happy to help you. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

Looking forward to your message!

• rmaciel
    rmaciel
    Community Member

Hi Ana, I had sent 1 password an email earlier and got reply from Laura. As per her instructions I was able to disable the 2FA from my iPhone 1 password app settings. For the record thereafter there was another issue I faced which was not being able to sign in as I realized I was using the wrong zone "1password.ca" as per the options given on the account sign-in page. I guess when I signed up I used the "1password.com". My 2FA is back on again, I have also set the authenticator app for backup ( if I lose my device or reset it) and made a note of the 2FA app set up code (hoping this stays the same?) so that I can set up the authenticator app on a different device if required.
    All good now. Cound you kindly confirm if the "2FA app set up code"stays the same.

Thanks for all you help.

• Cound you kindly confirm if the "2FA app set up code"stays the same.

Stays the same under what conditions? If you're asking if you turn 2FA off and then back on... no, the setup code it would not stay the same.

Ben

• rmaciel
    rmaciel
    Community Member

Thanks for confirming on the "2FA the setup code" Ben

• rmaciel
    rmaciel
    Community Member

As per the I password information on how to set up 2FA
    "Click Turn On Two-Factor Authentication. You’ll see a square barcode (QR code).
    To save a backup of your two-factor authentication code, write down the 16-character secret next to the QR code and store it somewhere safe, like with your passport and Emergency Kit."
    Does the instruction seem like the code is a backup code to stay the same?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rmaciel:

If you make a backup of your QR code, you can use it again to configure other devices. But as Ben said, if you turn 2FA off and then back on again, you will get a different QR code.

This discussion has been closed.