Moving to 1 Password families - instructions for 2 members

antocri84
antocri84
Community Member

Dear team,
I need your help because I want to subscribe to 1 Password Families but I am afraid to lose all data. I read all the instruction to move my vault to 1 Password account but then I want to add my wife as a family member. Now, to access to my wife's vault I need before to login with my Master psw and then switch the vault. After subscribing to 1 Password families, how can add my wife's vault to her account? And the, will she able to login to her vault with her personal Master password?
Thank you for your help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @antocri84! Welcome to the forum!

After subscribing to 1 Password families, how can add my wife's vault to her account? And the, will she able to login to her vault with her personal Master password?

You can invite your wife to your Families account by following these instructions, so she will be able to login with her personal Master Password after she creates her account.

• antocri84
    antocri84
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana for your reply.
    This is the situation. We have a Mac Mini with 2 differents accounts. With Families account, should every account be able to login to Mac and then to 1 Password with his own Master Password?
    Thank you for your help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@antocri84:

Yes: if you use two user accounts on your Mac, you can install two copies of the 1Password app, and add the correct account to each of them. So each of you will login to the 1Password app with your own Master Password.

• antocri84
    antocri84
    Community Member

@ag_ana Last question but I can install both of them from the App Store? Thank you for your support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@antocri84:

I think it should be possible, although I have never personally tried it. I use the 1Password version from our website since updates are quicker there :)

• antocri84
    antocri84
    Community Member

Thank you very much! Best regards :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.