Browser Favorites Section

evilschultz
evilschultz
Community Member

Recently I switched from Chrome to the new Microsoft Edge to see how it is. It's pretty great from what I've tested. Much less resource heavy and I can still use chrome extensions. What has been a pain point is realizing that now I'm syncing my favorites to Microsoft and not Google. While this is fine on my desktop/laptop workflow, it leaves my phone and tablet out in the cold for syncing. I already deal with this since I like Safari on iOS over other browsers. It got me thinking that you are in a unique position, running in the background of all my devices, to do a universal favorites sync in my browsers. If not that fancy, at least you could add a new section like "watchtower" for web favorites. I think this would be a great feature. Thanks for considering.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @evilschultz! Welcome to the forum!

1Password is a password manager, and so our focus is to make it the best password manager that it can be. Web favorites are not the type of sensitive information that you would normally store inside a program such as 1Password, so this is not on our radar. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us though, we really appreciate you taking the time to do that :+1:

• evilschultz
    evilschultz
    Community Member

I respectfully disagree. I work in a corporate environment where I have internal links that I'd love to store in a more secure place like my 1password vault. I hear what you are saying but please consider that with your web integration and the need for secure company favorites you may have a solution to an issue not many have considered yet.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@evilschultz:

Thank you for sharing your use case. Certainly, if you want to store your browser favorites in 1Password so that they are available in your 1Password browser extension in all your browsers, you can already do that, for example by marking those login items as Favorites directly inside 1Password already, or by using Secure Notes.

It got me thinking that you are in a unique position, running in the background of all my devices, to do a universal favorites sync in my browsers.

As I wrote above, 1Password can already sync all your data, including web favorites if you wish. However, 1Password cannot manage anything outside of 1Password, as you can imagine, so it won't be able to add or remove favorites directly in your browsers as you seem to be suggesting, but it can already store this information for you.

This discussion has been closed.