new download of 1password won't sync with iCloud--there is no sync option on top row of preferences

Jwcovell
Jwcovell
Community Member

new download of 1password won't sync with iCloud--there is no sync option on top row of preferences

purchased a new download on new MacBook but won't sync with iCloud there is now sync option on 1password preferences

1Password Version: 7.32
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:new download of 1 password can't sync with icloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @Jwcovell

Did you sign up for a 1Password membership? That's the only reason why the standalone sync options wouldn't show up as, with a 1Password membership, they're not necessary.

• Jwcovell
    Jwcovell
    Community Member

I have 3 other systems all syn'd with iCloud --what do I do ?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@Jwcovell

That depends, if you want to continue with the 1Password membership (recommended due to the numerous benefits they provide then you can simply migrate your data over to the new membership from your other devices and use it that way.

If you don't want to use the membership, we can deal with that too.

• Jwcovell
    Jwcovell
    Community Member

For now I would rather stick with iCloud if that is possible

I find your website very cumbersome and would consider staying with the membership ( which I signed up for because I couldn’t get out of it) if I could figure out what is required and what addition costs there are. E.g. exactly what info will I need on each of the 4 systems to get them all membership synced. And what are the costs

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@Jwcovell: All 1Password memberships include everything we make: the 1Password apps and updates, hosting and automatic offsite backup for your encrypted data, and even item history. With the membership, you have an account that you sign into on all your devices, so they all have the data you store in your account available at any time. It costs about 3$US per month for an individual, and about 5$US per month for a family. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• zx9r
    zx9r
    Community Member

I've just moved my data from ver 6 to the online 1PW account and ver 7. So there is no choice but to use agilebits sync server with ver 7 account? I'm all Mac and iOS and would prefer to continue using iCloud for sync. Actually my ideal scenario would be to have one vault syncing via 1PW and another vault by iCloud to keep them isolated from each other. Is this possible? I created a second vault but still don't see the "sync" option within preferences...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zx9r:

I have replied to your question in the other discussion you created ;)

• emmawallace
    emmawallace
    Community Member

Hi, I started a trial when downloading 1Password 7 but have decided that I want to do the one-time license and sync on my own (iCloud). How can I get out of the trial to allow syncing in the app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@emmawallace:

Once you have moved all your data to iCloud, you can delete your 1Password account.

• emmawallace
    emmawallace
    Community Member

@ag_ana I've migrated my phone but the desktop app doesn't allow me to sync while I'm still on the trial. How can I end the trial to purchase the one-time license?

• @emmawallace

You'd need to delete your 1Password account using the instructions Ana linked above. That should cause it to be removed from 1Password for Mac, which will kick you back to the 'welcome' screen. If you're still having trouble you can try using the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data option from the 1Password for Mac menubar. This will erase all of the 1Password data on the Mac and take you back to the welcome screen.

Please note that licenses are no longer being advertised, and membership is the way forward.

Ben

• emmawallace
    emmawallace
    Community Member

@Ben Thank you for the info - somehow missed that in Ana's message.

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.