Master Password Autofill on iPhone

micolonna6519
micolonna6519
Community Member

every time i try to login into an app with 1password on my iPhone, autofill asks me for the masterpassword. Do I have to to that everytime I login? the password is 50 characters long. sounds crazy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:every time i try to login into an app with 1password autofill 1password asks me for the masterpass

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @micolonna6519! Welcome to the forum!

You can use Touch ID or Face ID instead of your Master Password. However, please note that you will have to enter your Master Password at least once before you can use Touch ID or Face ID, and you need to do this in the main 1Password app, rather than in the AutoFill extension.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you are entering the Master Password multiple times in the AutoFill window instead, without ever having launched and unlocked the main 1Password app at least once.

• micolonna6519
    micolonna6519
    Community Member

i have accessed my iPhone 1password app. it opens with touch id. but i just tried opening my banks app and went to autofill the login credentials and 1password window pops up and asks for masterpassword

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@micolonna6519:

What happens if you then close your bank app, and open the 1Password app directly? Does the 1Password app then also prompt you for your Master Password?

• micolonna6519
    micolonna6519
    Community Member

no. it just asks me for my touch id and opens up when doing so

• micolonna6519
    micolonna6519
    Community Member

but when i go and open the bank app and try to autofill login credentials the 1password window opens and asks me for the master password

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@micolonna6519:

I have tested this on my iOS device and I could not reproduce this: when AutoFill asks for my Master Password, the full 1Password app also asks for my Master Password. And when AutoFill asks for my Touch ID, the full 1Password app does that too.

Does the same thing happen after you reboot your device? Make sure that, after the reboot, you launch the main 1Password app once and enter your Master Password there. From that point on, every time you use the AutoFill extension, you should be just prompted for your Touch ID.

• taco
    taco
    Community Member

There is an issue here since I see this all over the place. It asks me every time for the master password entered in 1 password, every time! I won't go into all the deal-breaking performance on ios, but it is common knowledge. I assume there is no workaround or a practical step by step would be given. It matters not whether there is a reboot or not. It matters not if you pull up the 1password itself fill in your master password, it will still ask for the master password every time. I recently did a full reset of my iPhone and of course, it is the same issue. This does not happen on my mac, windows, iPad, etc. My password and regular passwords are very very long. The software is useless if I have to keep typing in my master password.

• taco
    taco
    Community Member

There is an issue here since I see this all over the place. It asks me every time for the master password entered in 1 password, every time! I won't go into all the deal-breaking performance on ios, but it is common knowledge. I assume there is no workaround or a practical step by step would be given. It matters not whether there is a reboot or not. It matters not if you pull up the 1password itself fill in your master password, it will still ask for the master password every time. I recently did a full reset of my iPhone and of course, it is the same issue. This does not happen on my mac, windows, iPad, etc. My password and regular passwords are very very long. The software is useless if I have to keep typing in my master password.

• @taco

I've replied to your comments in the other thread. Please keep discussion about each issue contained to a single thread so we're not duplicating efforts in responding. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.