I can't open my mobile 1 password app, enter my log in password and and always rejected

Options
jknox2019
jknox2019
Community Member

I can successfully log in using my mac book but unable to log in using mobile app. Always get the "please try again" response

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't log into 1 password mobile app

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jknox2019! Welcome to the forum!

Has this started happening only recently? How were you unlocking your 1Password app before this started happening?

• sustich
    sustich
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem on my iPhone but not on either my Mac or my iPad. Clearly I’m entering my Master password correctly but again, the problem is only on the iPhone. I did a delete and reinstall on the iPhone just now and the problem persists.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sustich:

I did a delete and reinstall on the iPhone just now and the problem persists.

After deleting the 1Password app on your iPhone and installing it again, what sync method did you choose when you were prompted to choose where your data is stored, right in the first screen of the app?

• sustich
    sustich
    Community Member
    Options

i attempted to use the my.1password.com link but that is where the I get the "A problem with your sign in" message.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sustich:

Can you please check the 1Password app on your other devices and see if you by chance have a Primary vault on those devices? If you do, that would explain why you are not able to sign in on your new device: the Primary vault you use has a different Master Password than the one you chose for your 1Password online account.

• sustich
    sustich
    Community Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this.

So I went back and did a reinstall on the iPhone and came up with the same problem. Interestingly I am running iPassword 7.4.4 on both an iPhone (iOS 13.3) and an iPad (iOS 13.3) and it works perfectly on the iPad. I'm attaching a few screen shots. The vertical ones are from the iPhone and the horizontal ones are from the iPad.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sustich:

On your iPhone, can you please tap on Try Again and select Add other account instead of accepting the suggestion from the app? I would like to see what happens if you use the same Emergency Kit and the exact same credentials that you used to login to your iPad.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sustich:

I have also removed some of your screenshots since they included your email address. This is a public forum, so you might not want your contact information to be available publicly ;)

• sustich
    sustich
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for catching the email gaff.

As you suggested, I tried adding another account on the iPhone using the Emergency Kit key and my current login email and current credentials and it returned a message "Invalid Login Information." i also went through all the "settings" tabs and made sure both the iPhone and iPad are set up exactly the same.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sustich:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iPhone and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• sustich
    sustich
    Community Member
    Options

i've submitted the diagnostics report. The ticket number is VWT-32531-214

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I have located your message, and I see that my colleague Andrew has already replied over there. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and we will keep the conversation going via email.

ref: VWT-32531-214

This discussion has been closed.