Two duplicate logins (kind of)

Options
jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited January 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I was seeing if I could do better with a specific login. It had worked ok but I did some editing to see if it could be improved.

In any event I now have two for the same site. One shows the logo for the site the other not, but the "other not" shows details of previously used passwords (I like that) whereas the one with the nice logo does not give such information. I guess I can/should delete one? How did I get one with no site logo?

UPDATE:

I think one had the site logo and one didnt because the URLs were different between the two logins. But still only one shows "previously used passwords". I do like seeing this extra information. Why do you think one of the logins not show the important password history information?

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmjm – My guess was the same as your "update." The rich icons are based on the website URL stored inside the item, so the second item either didn't have a URL or it didn't match up with any of the rich icons. It seems like a new item was saved, but I won't necessarily be able to tell the reasoning behind it unless you remember what happened on the date the duplicate item was created. If I were you, I'd make sure the item with "previously used passwords" has your current credentials and delete the other item to avoid confusion.

I have my own vault where I put old items that I'm not quite ready to delete yet. That's an option should you feel you'll ever need the duplicate in the future, although I doubt that you would if you have the same information in the other item. I hope that help! If you have any other questions, let me know.

This discussion has been closed.