To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

A couple of questions about document storage limits

rationull
rationull
Community Member

I'm on a family plan (1 GB document storage limit) and thinking about using this as a convenient spot to back up some disk images containing secure documents/records. One of the images is ~100 MB, and will change a few times a year so I'll want to upload new versions if I am going to use my 1P account as its backup store. A couple of questions with this in mind:

1) Is there anywhere where the total current consumption of document storage space for an account is viewable? I can't see anything in the web UI or the mac desktop app -- is the only cue that storage is exhausted going to be when I try to upload a new doc and that upload fails? (Or manually adding up all the sizes of uploaded docs as displayed in the UI)

2) From some Googling, I gather that the only way to free up file space is by actually emptying the trash. This implies that there's no way to free up the space associated with a single larger document without also deleting all other deleted/trashed items. Is that correct?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Hi @rationull

A couple of questions with this in mind:

I'd be happy to help. :)

Is there anywhere where the total current consumption of document storage space for an account is viewable? I can't see anything in the web UI or the mac desktop app -- is the only cue that storage is exhausted going to be when I try to upload a new doc and that upload fails? (Or manually adding up all the sizes of uploaded docs as displayed in the UI)

Beyond that the only other way I'm aware of would be to write in to support (support@1password.com) and ask.

From some Googling, I gather that the only way to free up file space is by actually emptying the trash. This implies that there's no way to free up the space associated with a single larger document without also deleting all other deleted/trashed items. Is that correct?

Correct. We wouldn't recommend storing things you don't want deleted in the Trash.

Ben

• rationull
    rationull
    Community Member

Thanks Ben! Glad to have this clarified.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rationull,

On behalf of Ben you are very welcome! Let us know if you have other questions, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.