RingCentral Login fields

Options
Feb
Feb
Community Member

Hi, I've been having issues with using 1password to login to our RingCentral app. RingCentral has three fields of info to log in, Phone number, extension, and password. What 1password does is put the password information in the extension field instead of the password field, or sometimes it inputs the phone number info to the extension field. I always end up having to delete the extension info and type either my phone number or password manually to login to the app. Is there any way to get around this? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Feb,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this concern. I've downloaded the RingCentral app and have been playing with it. It doesn't appear that they support our extension:

GitHub - agilebits/onepassword-app-extension: 1Password Extension for iOS Apps

Instead, at present, the only way to fill from 1Password into the app appear to be through the iOS autofill interface. This presents a challenge as iOS's autofill is really only designed to handle two fields: username and password, and all the filling logic is handled outside of 1Password. With our extension there is more flexibility.

Being that the filling logic isn't handled by 1Password I'm not sure there is much we'd be able to do on our end regarding the difficulty with autofill. As such what I'd suggest would be reaching out to RingCentral as a customer to ask if they would be willing to look into implementing the 1Password extension. I'd suggest that you mention the difficulties you're having with iOS autofill along with your request. We'd be happy to assist RingCentral in getting the extension set up, and contact information for that can be found on the GitHub page I linked above.

Please let me know what they have to say. :)

Ben

• Feb
    Feb
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I've requested it, but it will take time to get it done because it's a feature request. I'm also having the same problem using mac. Is it because of the same issue? Checked Safari's autofill settings and we only have username and password, and other forms option to edit or change.

• Ben
    Options

On Mac Safari's autofill should be disabled entirely:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Ben

This discussion has been closed.