To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot master password; did not complete setup. Can you delete account so I can start over?

DempseyDog
DempseyDog
Community Member

I signed up with my email address and have an Account Key/QR Code. However, I have forgotten my master password. Can I delete the account and start over with the same email address.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:reset master password

Comments

• DempseyDog
    DempseyDog
    Community Member

I think 1Password needs to delete my account. How do I get that to happen?

• You absolutely can, @DempseyDog! I know you said you didn't set anything up yet, but I'm the paranoid type so juuuust in case ... if you have saved any data it will be lost if you delete your account. Make sure you have everything you need saved somewhere else before you do this. If you're ready, you can find instructions to delete an inaccessible account here:

https://support.1password.com/delete-account/#get-help

Give it a go, let me know if you run into any trouble, and be sure to jot down that Master Password or commit it to memory this go around. :wink:

• DempseyDog
    DempseyDog
    Community Member

Worked like a charm! Thank you so much. I will definitely jot down the Master Password this time when I set up my new 1Password account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Mspar
    Mspar
    Community Member

Following up on DempseyDog's question... I also never completed setup and will need to delete my account and start over. Will I get a refund for the year I paid or better yet can I just set up the new account with the same email address and use that "credit" toward the new account?

Thanks
    Michael

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mspar:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.