Dropbox error message with iPhones

PR1
PR1
Community Member

On my iPhone, when I sync in DropBox, I get an error message "Failed to upload file to Dropbox" followed by the file path. Same on my wife's iPhone. 1P on one Mac says it's syncing (ie doesn't give me an error message) but a new entry isn't showing up on another Mac.

Please let me know what you suggest. Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PR1
    PR1
    Community Member

UPDATE - so I think I "solved" the iPhone problem by deleting the app and reinstalling it (at least it worked on mine) - I got the Error message once, briefly, but it went away when I forced a sync.

So now my issue is just that new items and edits from one Mac (running 1p v6.8.9 on Yosemite) are not appearing on the other devices (a Macbook Air and the iPhones). There's no error message, just not syncing although it reports a sync as having been completed. And just to play with my head, changes on the Macbook are appearing on both the first Mac and the iPhones.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PR1!

Can you please try following all the Dropbox troubleshooting steps and see if they help?

• PR1
    PR1
    Community Member

I didn't exactly follow any of the troubleshooting suggestions but replaced the file on the Mac that wasn't working with one I dug out of Time Machine and after a few hours it seems to have started syncing again.

The iPhones are giving me the error message again, although mostly it goes away after a second or so, and it seems to take multiple prompts to sync (or quitting the app and restarting) to get items to change.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PR1:

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear that your data started syncing again. If you want to try something more, feel free to try the troubleshooting steps and see if those improve things.

And if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.