To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Language unification across devices

Dear team,

I'm using 1Password in multiple devices. I use German language for my iPhone and iPad apps. On my Windows PC, the browser language is English.

I save new credentials through various devices. When I look back in any of the devices, not all login credentials are in a single, unified language - rather the data/login credentials and fields are shown in the language in which I created the login entries.

Is this the expected behavior? Why can't 1Password show all the entries in a language applicable for the device?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Harish

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @harish_ravikumar!

rather the data/login credentials and fields are shown in the language in which I created the login entries.

What data exactly are you you referring to?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana Thanks for your response.
    I was referring to the field names and sections for the login credentials, shown in different languages.

For a bank account created from my iPhone (language = German), the fields like account name, number are shown in German.
    For an entry I created through 1Password X (language = English), the fields are in English.
    This is expected due to language settings of the application I use.

Now when I open 1Password application (language = English) to look my credentials, the fields are not showing in the application's language, rather I see the fields in the language in which the credentials are created.

Assume this is the behavior of language settings of 1Password, but just wanted to confirm.

Hope I explained with some better clarity now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar:

Thank you for the clarification! This is normal 1Password behavior: 1Password creates labels based on the language of your device, but once that data is saved, it syncs to your other device that way. So if you then view it on another device with a different language, you will still see the original data.

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana Thanks for your clarification. Have a good day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! Have a good day too :)

This discussion has been closed.