When Billing Address is Different than Shipping Address

I do a lot of ordering online. Whenever I buy something I always use an identity to fill in the billing address and an identity to fill in the shipping address. When I do the shipping address, I check off "shipping address is different than billing address". Then I use a second identity to fill in the shipping address. As soon as I do this second step, the shipping identity changes the billing info into the shipping identity info. So, then I have to redo the billing info and in order to fill out the shipping info, I have to do it manually. While I'm entering it manually, it's hard not to wonder why I bother trying to use 1 password identities when I shop... Anybody know how I can fix this?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know you're running into this issue, @karunapod. There are certainly some improvements to be made here. We'd love to be able to fill both billing and shipping addresses on the same page, but we're not quite there yet. I'm sorry I don't have any workarounds or concrete upcoming improvements to share with you right now. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions or concerns - we're always happy to listen and help.

• karunapod
    karunapod
    Community Member

you have given me the next best thing...
    honest transparency.
    thanks for all you be and do.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @karunapod,

Thank you for your understanding and patience. I do understand why this can be frustrating and nothing would make me happier if I was able to say we had something lined up that would help. Until then, the very least we can do is be honest with our users given the trust you have to place in both 1Password and AgileBits. If you experience any other issues or areas where 1Password could improve please let us know. While we can't promise anything user feedback does help improve 1Password, without feedback 1Password wouldn't be where it is today.

• karunapod
    karunapod
    Community Member

thanks much. I have one question: different subject...I am changing my forum user name everywhere I go online. Could you please tell me how I can do that? thank you.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

1Password doesn't specifically have a "change forum username" workflow, but one of the things I did last year was go through to a bunch of sites where I could change my username and don't have a publicly facing profile, and I changed my usernames to be generated passwords from 1Password. This was mostly for financial sites, which I was quite surprised to learn had easy-to-change usernames.

This is an advanced usage of 1Password that I have only come around to after a decade of trusting 1Password with my most important data, so it might not be for you just yet. But I have found it oddly satisfying to know that I not only don't know my passwords for the vast majority of my sites (all but probably 3) but now no longer know the username for many sites that are very important to me such as Capital One and Wells Fargo.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• antnyc
    antnyc
    Community Member

This seems to be a request for quite some time ago (almost 20 months) - do yo have an update on billing & shipping address variations?

• Hey @antnyc. I don't have anything to share at this time, but I appreciate your voicing your input on the functionality.

This discussion has been closed.