Recipe Template per Domain?

eblazer
eblazer
Community Member

Is there a way to create a template for a password recipe and associate it to a domain? The recipe generator seems to default to whatever I last used, so when I switch between domains that have wildly different password requirements, the generators settings can be off leading to the frustration of many failed attempts.

If not...

I think 1Password is in a great position to be able to build a solution here. If I had a magic wand, I would first use it to get my kids to clean their rooms, followed immediately by 1Password tracking the recipe settings I've used for a domain and remembering them for the next time. Even "more better", I could consent to sharing these recipes to 1Password so that you guys can do some smart person stuff and auto-recommend maximum-complexity recipes by domain, saving other users the headaches of try-retry-retry...

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eblazer!

Thank you for taking the time to share this idea with us! We currently do not have the option to customize the password generator rules at this level. We are always looking at ways to improve 1Password features however, so thank you for taking the time to share your use case with us. I will make sure to share it with the team.

This discussion has been closed.