Chrome extension not filling

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password on the upcoming MAC OS Catalina..

Comments

• mwolfepub
    mwolfepub
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the issue where the Chrome extension will bring up the proper login info, but when you click the fill button, then the 1Password app on the title bar (up by the time and other apps running in background appear) pops open, not focused on a particular app login. The user ID and password are also not populated on the website. Having to copy / paste user IDs and passwords.
    My version of 1PW is 1Password 7, Version 7.3.2 (70302003), Mac App Store. My account information shows my subscription in a green status.
    The extension is 1Password extension (desktop app required)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mwolfepub! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try updating to 1Password 7.4 and see if that helps?

• mwolfepub
    mwolfepub
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana , I did the 1Password update, uninstalled the chrome extension, and reinstalled it. However still experiencing the same issue. To note, that even prior to doing these steps, the issue is intermittent. One thing I noticed is that the website may not be the exact address that's stored in the login profile for that site. Example https://verified.capitalone.com/auth/signin and https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=360Bank. Once I added the second address, the chrome extension filled in the fields and did not pop to the title bar focus. this doesn't always solve the problem though. Also, I've noticed that when I try to fill for a CC entry or identity, it always pops from the chrome extension to the title bar focus.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwolfepub:

Thank you for the additional information! From what you wrote, I think this is an issue we are aware of and that we are investigating. The fact that it is intermittent seems to confirm this, so while I don't have a better answer for you right now, I can tell you that our developers are aware of this :)

• mskipsey
    mskipsey
    Community Member
    Options

I can also confirm that I have this problem. It's super annoying. It's intermittent, but I would say it's happening 50% of the time with me, and I am a busy 1P user.

I'm on MacOS 10.15.1 (19B88)
    Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1Password 7.3.2 (70302004) (Mac App Store version)

This was happening before I upgraded to the latest Chrome and MacOS 10.14.
    So seems something with 1Password.
    I have clicked Check for updates in 1password and it reports that I am on the latest version. You mention there is 7.4 available???

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mskipsey - 7.4.1 is the current version of 1Password for Mac -- if you're not being offered that version, something's wrong. If you have the Mac App Store version, there is no way to check for updates within 1Password itself, because updates (like all Mac App Store software) is handled directly by Apple via the Mac App Store interface (Updates tab). If you can see an Updates tab in 1Password > Preferences, that means you don't have the Mac App Store version running. You can check which version you're using in 1Password > About, but whatever you discover, you should be able to update to 7.4.1. Please give that a try before doing anything else, and let us know how it goes.

• mskipsey
    mskipsey
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I have just uninstalled the old 1Password and installed from your website. Not sure what was going on there!

Now using
    1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
    1Password Store

I also removed the Chrome store plugin and added this again (the standalone version not 1PasswordX).

Still having the same problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mskipsey:

I would like to ask you to send us a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look for you, and confirm if this is indeed the same issue we are investigating.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• silverdagger
    silverdagger
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this problem

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@silverdagger:

If this is the exact same issue, it has been fixed in the latest beta. You can see all the latest information about it here.

This discussion has been closed.