No 1password option in Chrome when email/username field is pre-filled by browser

Options
mpctutor
mpctutor
Community Member

Been getting this for a while now, Chrome on Android 9.1, Huawei P20 Pro.

Some sites remember my username or email address so when I return, the username/email field is already filled in, for example, Paypal.com. On these sites, the 'Autofill with 1password' popup just doesn't appear when I click in the 'password' field. It only appears if I first delete the pre-filled text in the email field. Is this is known limitation?

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9.1 (EMUI 9.1)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mpctutor, I'm not seeing the same behaviour on my device. On Chrome my email is also pre-filled on the PayPal site, but the 1Password Autofill prompt still shows when tapping the password field.

Could you tell me what filling options are currently turned on in the 1Password settings? To check, open and unlock 1Password and tap Settings > Autofill. In particular, are Autofill and Accessibility turned on?

Thanks! :)

• mpctutor
    mpctutor
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, autofill and accessibility are both turned on.

• peri
    Options

@mpctutor I'm seeing the same behavior in PayPal and I believe the issue is specific to filling in that site, as I'm not seeing this issue in other sites I've tested. Incidentally, PayPal seems to be problematic when it comes to Autofill, as their app doesn't support it at all. I'll report this to our development team in case there's something we can improve here.

• mpctutor
    mpctutor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'm also seeing it when I log into the admin page on my phpBB forum (unfortunately this is not a URL I can share). Here the username field is pre-filled, just like it is on Paypal, and deleting the username triggers the autofill pop up.

• Thanks for sharing this, @mpctutor. While I'm not able to test this, I'll report this issue to our development team to look into. Let me know if you notice the behavior on any other sites!

This discussion has been closed.