To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Newly upgraded and thoroughly confused -- login issues

Options
BillDor
BillDor
Community Member

Hi. I've just upgraded to the latest 1Password.

I can log in to my online 1Password account but my Mac's 1Password is still 'read only' and my iPhone is also still using the older / shorter Master Password it had before.

I migrated my logins, etc. over as part of the upgrade process. My credit card information was cheerfully accepted. But this is the least pleasant 'upgrade' I've ever had with 1Password. Don't my devices synch automatically? If not, how can I get / access the most current version of 1Password on all devices? Thanks for any insights.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.16.6
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BillDor! Welcome to the forum!

I can log in to my online 1Password account but my Mac's 1Password is still 'read only'

Have you added your 1Password account to the 1Password app already? It sounds like you haven't yet, and therefore the app does not know that you have successfully subscribed.

and my iPhone is also still using the older / shorter Master Password it had before.

After you migrated your data, have you left your old Primary vault in the app? This would explain why 1Password on your iPhone is still using your old Master Password.

The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

If you are using a 1Password membership we generally recommend removing the Primary vault.

Don't my devices synch automatically?

Yes, just make sure that you are logged in to your 1Password account in every app (as per my instructions above), so your data can sync automatically.

This discussion has been closed.