New family member needs to add devices (upgrade them from individual 1password to family account)

BillGrace
BillGrace
Community Member

I recently upgraded my 1password account from individual to family and invited my wife to join. She did so on her phone. When we got home we tried to bring her tablet and laptop from her original individual account over to our new family account. I cannot find any way to do that either from her end as a family member or from my end as the family organizer. I tried to resend the invitation but that was not allowed since she's already had an invitation sent. There must be SOME way to add her other devices to our new account but I simply can't find it anywhere. The "how to" pages on the 1password support site (https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/) tell me to select menu options (vault->Switch to vault->primary) which simply don't appear on the menu in 1password7 on her MacBook Air.
My wife's MacBook Air is running 1password 7.4.1 (70401001) Mac App Store and my MacBook Pro is running 1password 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Store. I'm running MacOS 10.15.2 and I expect my wife's laptop is reasonably current. I have no idea what "Sync Type" is - we have a nice WiFi connection running throughout our home....
I'd really like to get her non-phone devices brought onto this family account...
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BillGrace!

There must be SOME way to add her other devices to our new account but I simply can't find it anywhere.

You can add a 1Password account to the 1Password app by following these instructions.

This discussion has been closed.