WLAN Sync doesn't update last synced date

quad
quad
Community Member

A few months ago, the last synced time in the iOS WLAN sync stopped updating. I perform a sync, the data updates on both devices (OSX and iOS), but the time doesn't change.

I tried removing and re-adding the WLAN sync on my phone, and now it claims to have never synced.

Everything else works fine, though!

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• big77
    big77
    Community Member

For what it's worth I see the same behavior. It syncs fine however so I never reported it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @quad and @big77!

Our development team is aware of this, thank you for the reports :)

• quad
    quad
    Community Member

Does this issue have a priority or a timeline for a fix?

• @quad

Because it doesn't affect the actual sync process and is essentially a visual glitch it has been assigned relatively low priority. That said, it is on the radar, and we do plan on fixing it.

Ben

• quad
    quad
    Community Member

Ben, thank you for replying.

It's a visual glitch, yes; but, there's no way other way to know if a sync succeed or not…

• @quad,

You're welcome. If you're encountering instances where this indicator is necessary because sync is not successful you may want to consider upgrading to a more reliable sync option.

Sync your 1Password data

Beyond that the best I can offer is that the development team does have this on their to-do list, and while I can't promise when it'll be done, we're hoping to have it done soon.

Ben

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member

I see this all the time too and since I do have the occasional failure in sync I really do depend on that to tell me when it last actually completed properly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for taking the time to share your use case with us @OogieM. Our developers are aware of this. In the meantime, to avoid sync issues, I recommend switching to a more reliable sync option, as per Ben's suggestion above.

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member

And as I've continually mentioned here in thread after thread. There isn't an option to move to on-line or other syncing systems in my situation. Full stop. No Cloud storage. Nothing on any server we do not control. You need to realize that a system divorced from outside servers is a requirement for some people. We may be a small subset of the folks using 1Password but we are often the ones who have a much more significant need for it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OogieM:

Indeed, we offer multiple sync methods so you can choose the one that you prefer :+1:

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member

True, but whenever one of the non-preferred methods is in use and has problems the standard response is move to the subscription and trust us with all your passwords rather than acknowledging that non-cloud third party solutions are very important. Even your documentation tries to steer people away from in-house systems. It's an attitude issue. Like this one, sure it's just a glitch, and the sync is actually working but by ignoring it you are saying that the people who persist in using WLAN to sync are second class users. As a software developer myself I do understand the issue with priorities but at some point you just need to buck up and clean up the code with all the irritating glitches. That's what I'm dong in my project right now. I wish I could focus entirely on the real meaty issues of adding requested features and enhancements but I need to deal with the niggling things to improve user perception even when it's mostly cosmetic.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OogieM:

We recommend using 1Password.com because we built it specifically for 1Password data, unlike every other sync method that we support. In that sense, it will always be the best sync method for the majority of our users, and we would do everyone a disservice not recommending a sync method that works better than all of the others.

We will try to get this visual glitch fixed as soon as possible of course, because we don't want you to have the impression that you are a second class user, so thank you again for being so passionate about 1Password and taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are where we are just thanks to your support and enthusiasm!

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member

What's the status on this? I have no way to verify if a sync has occurred correctly unless I make a change in something and then go see whether it was transmitted to all devices?

• @OogieM

This was resolved in v7.4.5 of 1Password for iOS.

Ben

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member

I'm running 7.4.6 and it's still happening. I'll do more checking because based on the time of the last sync I have showing now it's gotten to be an intermittent problem rather than all the time.

• The issue with the time not being updated was fixed, so if you're still having issues it is likely something different. We haven't had any other reports of this since v7.4.5 as far as I can recall.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.