To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

iOS Migration Error

ncfg
ncfg
Community Member

Hi there,

I just upgraded from a previous version of 1Password (5 or 6?) to 1Password7, and I also started a membership. I upgraded because my old MacBook Pro died. Just got a new MacBook Pro and installed 1Password7. The MacBook Pro migration went smoothly. It only had the Primary Vault to migrate. But the iOS migration ended with an error saying there had been a problem. Before the iOS migration, my iPhone had a Primary Vault (synced via iCloud) and a second vault for my business (synced via Dropbox). But now when I look at the vaults on my iPhone I see my Primary vault (still syncs with iCloud), the business vault (syncs with Dropbox), and a new vault called Personal. As I'm sure you know, the Personal vault is a duplicate of my Primary, and it syncs via AgileBits.

So my desire is to remove the Primary Vault on my iPhone and use the new Personal Vault. I would also like to add the business vault to my MacBook Pro, still syncing via Dropbox.

Thank you in advance for your help with this!

1Password Version: 6, 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.2, iOS 13.3
Sync Type: iCloud, Dropbox, AgileBits

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ncfg!

You can only remove the Primary vault once all of the other standalone vaults have been removed. Have you considered moving your business vault also inside your 1Password Membership, so you can use a single sync method?

• ncfg
    ncfg
    Community Member

That’s my preference but it’s not 100% my call so I might not be able to set up syncing that way. Is there a way to sync with dropbox still if I’m not able to use 1password for all parties?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ncfg:

Yes, you can use Dropbox for certain vaults if you wish, even while you use a 1Password account for others.

This discussion has been closed.